Marie ì Dali
Marie í Dali's designs spans many genres from feature film produciton design to classical ballet designs.
Resent works includes Andy Pape´s opera ¨Other cities¨, which won the Reumert- prize for best Opera production 2015 and the revival of the prize winning rap & hiphop Nutcracker from 2003 - 2008.
Marie studied theatre science at Copenhagen University before moving to London. She studied theatre design at Wimbledon School of Arts and her professional career began with "Andorra" at Hampstead Theatre.
Marie's first major commisions in opera includes ”Queen of Spades” at the Royal Danish opera, and "Der Rosenkavalier¨ for Opera National de Lyon¨
Other notable works include "The firebird¨, with Alexei Ratmansky at the Royal Swedish Ballet, ”A Clockwork Orange” at Dramaten in Stockholm, “The Nutcracker” a hiphop version by Sten Koerner, which has been restaged six years running.The sci-fi movie-thriller “the Substitute” by Ole Bornedal. Marie designed the set and costumes for C. Nielsen's “Maskarade” and “My fair Lady” directed by Kasper Holten for the Royal Danish Opera.
Marie has an on-going design-collaboration with Steffen Aarfing. Their work includes the production design for the film ”I am Dina” and Wagner's ”Der Ring des Nibelungen” for the Royal Danish Opera, directed by Kasper Holten, 2003-06. Marie also designed the costumes for the JUAN-opera movie by Kasper Holten.
In later years Marie has had great success with her historical costume designs in Molieres Le Misantrope at the Royal Playhouse and Tartuffe at Grønnegårds Teatret, both directed by Thomas Bendixen. Also the designs for Fanny and Alexander in Bergen, The Seagull, Dramaten, Stockholm and the resent fringe production Candide by Bernstein shows her sharp control over form, style and characters description.
- Awards :
- Reumert Price 2015: best Opera production, ¨Other cities¨.
- The Grammophone DVD award 2009:, for "The Copenhagen Ring.
- Reumert Price 2006: best Opera production, Niebelungens Ring.
- Reumert Price 2003: best Dance production The Nutcracker.
- Robert Price 2002: (Danish Academy award) best production design: "I am Dina"
- Reumert Price 1999: for best Musical production: Taming of the Screw.
- Nominations :
- Robert 2011 best costume design, JUAN (feature film)
- Robert 2007 best Production Design , Vikaren (feature film)
- OpernWelt Jahrbuch 2000, best costume design, Le Nozze di Figaro